Cisco CCNA Training Course in Cape Town & Johannesburg South Africa
Apply for this CCNA Course
Available Study Methods:
1. Classroom (full time or part time)
2. Online Courses
3. Duration : 10 Days / Evenings
Pre Requisates: A+ Course and Network+ Course
Overview of our CCNA Training:
Cisco Systems offers some of the most advanced technologies in the areas of routing, switching, network security and voice applications that require the expertise of trained professionals – Cisco certifications are required for nearly all Cisco IT professionals.
Certified Network Associate (Cisco CCNA) certification demonstrates your knowledge to deploy, maintain, secure and operate a medium-sized network using Cisco technologies. Cisco CCNA certified professionals can install, configure, and operate LAN, WAN, and dial access services for small networks (100 nodes or fewer), including but not limited to use of these protocols: IP, IGRP, Serial, Frame Relay, IP RIP, VLANs, RIP, Ethernet, Access Lists.
|So what is included with the Cape Town or Johannesburg CCNA course fee?|
|Class Room Based||Hands-on||Books||Extra Practical||Mock Exam|
What you will learn as a CCNA(Cisco Certified Network Associate):
1. Building simple to medium-sized switched networks
2. Wireless LANs
3. OSPF Implementation
4. Access Control Lists
5. Ethernet LANs
6. WANs and WAN connections
7. EIGRP Implementation
Warnings or suggestions that could improve the student's experience:
1. How long have you been working with Computer Networks? Do you have a strong working knowledge of TCP/IP? If so you have the foundational knowledge necessary for this course. If not I would suggest we have you start with Network+
2. Are you responsible for the interconnection and basic administration of Cisco network devices, LAN, WAN or wireless networks for your organization or department? If so, you are a good candidate for this class.
3. Would the definitions “Router Administrator”, “Network Manager” or “Data Architect” fit your job profile? If so, you are a good candidate for this class.
4. This is an entry-level course
5. This course assumes a basic knowledge of TCP/IP
6. This course will not teach students to administer security hardware.
This course focuses on providing the skills and knowledge necessary to install, operate, and troubleshoot a small branch office Enterprise network, including configuring a switch, a router, and connecting to a WAN and implementing network security.
Channel Partner / Reseller - Customer - Employee
Cisco CCNA certification is an associate level Cisco certification which demonstrates core Cisco switching and routing knowledge.
Course Information :
This course focuses on providing you with the skills and knowledge necessary to install, operate, and troubleshoot a small branch office Enterprise network, including configuring a switch, a router, and connecting to a WAN and implementing network security. You should be able to complete configuration and implementation of a small branch office network under supervision.
This course covers building a medium-sized switched and routed Cisco network. The course covers the most important routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP) and the security mechanisms to filter router access via Access Control Lists (ACLs).
What Will be Covered :
1. Configure switching devices within Ethernet Local Area Networks
2. Understand how to interconnect sites using Wireless Local Area Networks
3. Explore the Functions of Routing Protocols such as – EIGRP (Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol), RIP (Routing Information Protocol) and OSPF (Open Shortest Path First
4. Small Network Implementation
5. Medium-Sized Switched Network Construction and Routed Network Construction
6. EIGRP Implementation
Ensure you are doing the right course :
1. Are you responsible for the interconnection and basic administration of Cisco network devices, LAN, WAN or wireless networks for your organization or department? If so, you are a good candidate for this class
2. Would the definitions “Router Administrator”, “Network Manager” or “Data Architect” fit your job profile? If so, you are a good candidate for this class.
3. Are you preparing for the CCNA Certification? If so, you are a good candidate for this class.
4. If the student has a strong working knowledge of Wide Area Networks, CISCO Network Devices and how to configure them they can attend this course. (Students should have a minimum of a Network+ or MCSA certification).
5. This course assumes advanced knowledge of TCP/IP and working knowledge of Wide Area Networks and their devices.
At course completion the following subjects would have been covered :
- Describe how networks function, identifying major components, function of network components and the Open System Interconnection (OSI) reference model.
- Using the host-to-host packet delivery process, describe issues related to increasing traffic on an Ethernet LAN and identify switched LAN technology solutions to Ethernet networking issues
- Describes the reasons for extending the reach of a LAN and the methods that can be used with a focus on RF wireless access
- Describes the reasons for connecting networks with routers and how routed networks transmit data through networks using TCP / IP.
- Describe the function of Wide Area Networks (WANs), the major devices of WANs, and configure PPP encapsulation, static and dynamic routing, PAT and RIP routing.
- Use the command-line interface to discover neighbors on the network and managing the routers startup and configuration
- Review how to configure and troubleshoot a small network.
- Expand the switched network from a small LAN to a medium-sized LAN with multiple switches, supporting VLANs, trunking, and spanning tree.
- Describe routing concepts as they apply to a medium-sized network and discuss considerations when implementing routing on the network.
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot OSPF.
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot EIGRP.
- Determine how to apply ACLs based on network requirements, and to configure, verify, and troubleshoot ACLs on a medium-sized network.
- Describe when to use NAT or PAT on a medium-sized network, and configure NAT or PAT on routers.
- Identify and implement the appropriate WAN technology based on network requirements.
Suggested next certification : MCSA Server Administrator (Server 2012)
Contact Us for more information and pricing.