CompTIA Computer A+ Technician Training Course
Complete this form for the Latest Pricing Information and Dates!
Available Study Methods:
1. Classroom (full time or part time)
2. Online Courses
3. Duration : 15 Days / Evenings
In this course, students will install, upgrade, repair, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, and perform preventative maintenance on basic personal computer hardware and operating systems. Windows 7 topics have been included in exam and course.
The target student is anyone with basic computer user skills who is interested in obtaining a job as an IT professional or PC technician. In addition, this course will help prepare students to achieve a CompTIA A+ training Certification.
Likely job titles: Support—Desktop, PC,Tier 1,Tier 2 / Technician--Field, IT, Call Center, Help Desk, PC / IT Mgr. or Director.
PC technician Course Information:
This course training helps students with some IT experience gain the knowledge and skills necessary to obtain a CompTIA A+ Certification.
The course covers Essentials Exam and Practical Exam content. Certification proves competence in hardware (H/W) and software (S/W) including operating systems (OS); trouble shooting & repair; networking; and security & operational procedures including communication skills necessary to be a successful helpdesk or remote support IT professional.
So what is included with the Cape Town course fee?
|Class Room Based||Hands-on||Books||Extra Practical||Mock Exam|
What you will learn as a Computer Technician:
1. Identify the fundamental components of computer technology, networking & security
2. Install, configure, upgrade, and maintain PC workstations, the Windows OS and SOHO networks
3. Use troubleshooting techniques & tools to resolve PC, OS, and network connectivity issues
4. Implement security practices
Warnings or suggestions that could improve the student's experience:
1. Students should be proficient with Windows operating systems, use several applications, and should feel comfortable using the computer in general.
2. This course is for students who want to achieve excellence in entry-level IT positions and for those ambitious to advance in their profession with higher-level Tech. certifications such as Network+ & Security+, more Security certifications like CEH, as well as more specialized vendor certifications--such as the MS MCTS, MCITP, & MCPD, and Cisco Associate, Professional, & Expert Certifications.
At Computer Technician Course Completion :
Student will Learn - The fundamental components and functions of computer technology, networking, and security. - The skills required to identify hardware, peripheral, networking, and security components - The skills required to install, configure, upgrade, and maintain PC workstations, the Windows OS and SOHO networks - How to utilize troubleshooting techniques and tools to effectively and efficiently resolve PC, OS, and network connectivity issues and implement security practices
Suggested next courses :
International Exam Information:
|CompTIA A+ certification validates foundation-level knowledge
and skills necessary for a career in PC support. It is the starting
point for a career. The international, vendor-neutral certification
proves competence in areas such as installation, preventative
maintenance, networking, security and troubleshooting.
In order to receive the CompTIA A+ certification, you must pass two exams.
CompTIA A+ 220-801 covers the fundamentals of computer technology, installation and configuration of PCs, laptops and related hardware, and basic networking.
CompTIA A+ 220-802 covers the skills required to install and configure PC operating systems, as well as configuring common features (e.g. network connectivity and email) for mobile operating systems Android and Apple iOS.
The previous version of the CompTIA A+ certification, exam codes 220-701 and 220-702, will be available through Aug. 31, 2013. You can take either exam series to become CompTIA certified.
|Required exams||CompTIA A+ 220-801
CompTIA A+ 220-802
|Number of questions||Maximum of 90|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice and performance-based|
|Length of test||90 minutes|
|Passing score||CompTIA 220-801: 675 (on a scale of 900)
CompTIA 220-802: 700 (on a scale of 900)