Practical Application of HTML 5 & CSS 3
- 2 Day Workshop
- Prerequisates: HTML5 Level 1 and 2
- Location: Cape Town CBD
- Modality: Instructor Led
Day 1 : Theory and Practical Application of Theory
Using new HTML 5 tags and custom Div’s practically to create modern layouts and effective content flow
- Making use of the new Header, Footer, Article, and Section tags, and many more
- Incorporating Media and using custom Div Tags
Gaining absolute power through positioning and Responsive Design techniques
- Pixels V.S Percentage (Scaling to fit on any device)
- Absolute Positioning and Fixed Positioning o Variable Text size.
Complete this form for the Latest Pricing Information and Dates!
Introduction to Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Making use of Meta Tags
- Applying keywords to improve your Google Page Ranking
- Editing content to support SEO
- Introduction to Google Webmaster Tools
- Introduction to Google Analytics
- Validating your HTML Syntax
- Streamlining Code
- Streamlining Content
- Planning the Testing phase and Creating a Testing
- Checklist Executing and Managing the Testing Phase
- Effectively incorporating changes during Testing
- Closing and Signing off on the Testing Phase
Going Live through FTP
- Introduction to Web Hosting
- Understanding Hosting Packages and which is most suitable for your site
- Connecting to the Web Server
- Uploading Web Files
Managing and Maintaining your site
- Monitoring Traffic.
- Keeping content relevant.
- Market Research to understand your target market’s ever changing trends.
- Development Research to keep up to date with the latest technology trends.
- Design Research to stay fashionable and maintain your sites visual appeal.
- Working with an offline version of the site and synching with the online version.
Day 2 : Web Project
On day two of the course you will be guided through the process of creating a website from design to deployment, which will meet all the requirements for being relevant, responsive, and well ranked on the internet.
Upon successful completion of the course you will have:
- A deeper understanding of HTML and CSS code.
- The power to create an effective, modern day website which can respond to any device size.
- The understanding of how your website is ranked in relation to your competition and the knowledge and skills to optimize your site to achieve better rankings.
- The skills to design, implement, and manage a testing phase for your site prior to going live.
- The knowledge to set up an account, upload your site, and maintain the site while it is live.